JOB ID: 2012-18126
# POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: \nUS-VA-Virginia Beach
SEARCH CATEGORY: Sales & Marketing
TYPE: \nRegular Full-Time (30+ hours)
POSTED DATE: 2/23/2012
MORE\nINFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Copywriter supports\nAMERIGROUP's marketing/advertising, member, and/or provider\ncommunications functions, developing communications for\nimplementations, new/established health plans and/or AMERIGROUP\ndepartments. Writes, edits and proofreads printed and online\nmaterials.
1. Support department leadership in\ndeveloping creative and communication concepts.
2. Contribute to the\ndevelopment and management of project budgets. Accurately forecast\ncommunication costs and track actual spending to budgets.
3. Develop,\ncoordinate and implement communications plans with customers. Work\nwith customers to ascertain scope of projects, understand the goals of\nthe communications and analyze the needs of the target audience. Lead\nannual initiatives to overhaul/improve communications as\nnecessary.
4. Conceive, write, edit, proofread, revise and produce\nmaterials, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, posters,\npostcards, phone scripts, discussion guides, surveys, letters, web\ncontent, advertisements, billboards, kiosks, presentations, member\nhandbooks, letters, ID cards, provider directories, provider manuals,\nquick reference cards, blast faxes, research papers and white papers.\nEnsure that every communication is grammatically correct, free of\nspelling errors, and contains appropriate messages to support broader\ncampaigns as appropriate.
5. Proactively collaborate with graphic\ndesigners to ensure that copy is written appropriate to the final\nform.
6. Ensure compliance with strategic initiatives and state and\nfederal communication, health promotion, outreach and marketing\nregulations to include appropriate reading level, audience cultural\ncompetency and accurate language translations.
7. Submit all\ndocumentation and forms to obtain necessary internal and external\napprovals prior to producing.
8. Work with translation firms to\nobtain accurate translations of applicable documents.
9. Collaborate\nwith external vendors to produce materials as necessary.
10. Other\nDuties as Assigned.
REQUIRED: Bachelors\nDegree in English, Communications, Marketing or a similar\nfield.
PREFERRED: Graduate Degree in related field.
YEARS AND TYPE\nOF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
REQUIRED: Three (3) years relevant work\nexperience (direct experience and proven results in communications,\nmarketing or advertising).
PREFERRED: Five (5) years experience in ad\nagency or healthcare/service industry developing healthcare\nmaterials.
Specific Technical Skills
REQUIRED: Proficient in\nMicrosoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; working knowledge of Excel,\nProject, Visio, and SharePoint. Excellent command of English language\nand proficiency in Associated Press Style guidelines.
PREFERRED:\nProficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, and SharePoint;\nJobOrder.
- Excellent verbal and written\ncommunications skills
- Effective management skills - organization,\nplanning, setting goals and objectives, time management
- Effective\nleadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Appreciation of\ncultural diversity and sensitivity toward target populations
Assists various departments in managing budgets ranging\nfrom $10K to $100K per year, depending on sizes of projects.
The physical requirements described here are\nrepresentative of those that must be met by an employee to\nsuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable\naccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to\nperform the essential functions.
- Must be able to operate general\noffice equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and\nrelated media and information devices.
- Ability to communicate both\nin person and/or by telephone.
- Must be able to travel as needed and\nadhere to AMERIGROUP travel policies and procedures.
Website : http://www.amerigroupcorp.com