Requisition Number: SS-10744
Area of Interest: Creative Services
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
The Copywriter will have primary responsibility for localizing U.S. content, writing and editing product descriptions, EDMs and web site content to ensure consistency of brand message, style and tone across four unique brands: west elm, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids and Williams-Sonoma.
* Adapt/localize copy for E-marketing programs (i.e. re-targeting, SEM).
* Maintain the unique tone of voice and communication style of four separate brands, plus the cross-brand identity specific to the global business.
* Implement content marketing for website SEO.
* Develop editorial content for content marketing/editorial opportunities.
* Adapt/localize product descriptions on web sites as well as tag lines and copy for email campaigns, banners, and special site sections.
* Editing, localizing and proofing catalogues. Create local copy as needed.
* Create new product and marketing copy for global sites as required.
* Develop copy for other marketing collateral and advertising material as required.
Working with Others
* In partnership with the Social Media manager, e-Commerce Managers, Visual department and US brand teams to create strong, cohesive messaging.
* Partner with other areas of the corporate and store teams to work on ad-hoc projects as required.
* Collaborate with cross functional team, including Merchants and Marketing, to ensure product content is clear, concise, detailed and appropriate.
* Support Social Media Manager in content creation and platform management
* Support the Director -- PR and Brand Marketing in localization and development of press releases, product launch packs, media communications and similar as required.
* Champion customer experience including in-store collateral and website experience. For example, registry marketing, store event copy etc
* Service Mindset
* Continue developing localized style guides for each brand including cross-brand identity.
* Proofread and edit content to ensure consistency, correct spelling, grammar, sentence structure, punctuation and accuracy of all copy on site.
* Provide quality assurance check on all web site pages to ensure copy, product SKUs' and photographs are accurate
Development of Self and Others
* Initiates a self-development plan to ensure continual professional development
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Qualifications & Requirements
* At least 2 years of experience localizing copy for a Canadian audience
* Relevant degree in Journalism, Writing or Communications (or similar)
* 3-4 years' experience in related field
* High level of attention to detail
* A strong work ethic -- deadline driven and organized
* Ability to multitask -- working across multiple brands with competing deadlines
* Naturally collaborative and willingness to participate and be involved in all aspects of PR and Marketing
* Experience in writing for a range of platforms
* Demonstrated exceptional communication skills in various mediums
* Demonstrated experience or interest in design, retail, interiors or a related field preferred
**This position description is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities, and does not include duties that may be reasonably required to be completed as part of the role. This position description can be changed without notice**
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.