The Copywriter is accountable for bringing copy to the forefront of the Lowe's digital experience. The
Copywriter is typically responsible for supporting multiple channels, using content and copy guidelines to write promotional, informational and legal disclaimer content. The Copywriter is also responsible for ensuring copy evokes a positive user experience. This role manages multiple projects with short deadlines to insure timely delivery.
The Copywriter will keep a close watch on the editorial style guide, and be in constant contact with the Senior Editor to keep the Lowe's brand, voice, tone and style up to date.
This role is an advocate for the customer and essential for usability and brand voice.
This role works cross-functionally across both Lowe's Digital, engaging with other Contributors - ensuring key relationships are fostered across our Omni-channel partners.
Produce High-Quality Work
• Build and deliver consistent high-quality content, including thought process on organization and tone, presentations and documentation.
• Comprehend complex business requirements.
Deliver Projects / Work
•Participate in peer reviews and critiques to influence the direction of the copy deliverables and direction of various projects.
• Work cross-functionally with designers and content team members to ensure the quality and consistency of the work.
Grow Individually within the content landscape
• Work on self-development to ensure relevance in an evolving digital landscape.
• Stay on top of digital trends, emerging technologies and new tools to continually improve the team’s position as experts in usability.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Communications, Computer Science, English, Business or related field OR 2 - 4 years of freelance/industry experience.
• Experience in Fortune 100 companies (dealing with large, complex, matrixed organizations; visible brand)
• Experience in B2B or B2C environment (focus is not solely on eCommerce side)
• Experience managing similar size team in the past
• Experience working in agile and/or scrum IT environments/methodologies
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Job ID: 1272721BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: eCommerce
Department: 0280 - Digital Product & Experience
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 1999
Location Name: CSC-Mooresville
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Website : http://www.lowes.com/
Lowe’s has been helping our customers improve the places they call home for more than 60 years. Founded in 1946, Lowe’s has grown from a small hardware store to the second-largest home improvement retailer worldwide. Our story began in North Carolina, when Carl Buchan, part owner of the North Wilkesboro Hardware Company, envisioned creating a chain of hardware stores. He purchased the company from his brother-in-law and partner and had the foresight to anticipate a post-World War II building boom. By eliminating wholesalers and dealing directly with manufacturers, Lowe’s established a lasting reputation for low prices.