Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world's largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.
Working in Nike's North America Marketplace Analytics Team will be rewarding, it will be challenging, and it will most definitely not be just another job. You'll be an ambassador of the Nike brand -- everything we stand for: drive, determination, the unyielding commitment to excellence, these all will be a part of your everyday experience. We're committed to making every consumer's experience a rewarding one, and as a member of our team, your contributions will be a big part of our success.
As the Director of Category Analytics you will be at the heart of the North America business and will support the Category teams in making decisions that will drive performance, directly leading to the accomplishment of annual goals. You will support the Category Management to drive insights and will manage a team of analysts who are embedded in Nike's category offense including: Running, Basketball, Training and more. Your team is there to fuel the growth of the category in the marketplace. They leverage reporting tools and ad hoc analysis to pull out relevant data, provide trending reporting, and evaluate metrics to help the teams drive their business. Your job will be to help elevate the biggest opportunities that yield the highest returns. Collaboration with the Advanced Analytics and Reporting/Data Enablement Teams will be the key to your success to drive speed to market decisions. Representative projects include franchise management, analysis of marketplace trends, and the integration of data science driven forecasts into the planning process.
This position requires a high-energy, self-motivated individual with strong technical and analytical skills, high detail-orientation and excellent written and verbal communication. Candidates with financial, strategic planning or business analytics experience in a retail environment preferred. The right individual will be on top of retail trends; understand the intricacies of a wholesale vs retail model-- -- and understand the opportunities that can drive the Nike brand.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or a related field (an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree). MBA preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on Retail business reporting and analytics required. Financial analysis preferred.
• Management of teams required.
• Affinity for business reporting, analysis, and working with large amounts of data required
• Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypotheses and make recommendations required
• Strong hands-on analytical skillset with attention to detail required.
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools and large data sets required
• Moderate to Advanced SQL skills required.
• Strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development of management presentations required.
• Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making.
• Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required.
• Ability to develop strong partnerships across a multi-layered organization required.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Website : http://www.nike.com
NIKE, Inc. is the world’s leading innovator in athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories. NIKE, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, marketing, and sale of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories, as well as in the provision of services to men, women, and kids worldwide. The company offers products in seven categories, including running, basketball, football, mens training, womens training, NIKE sportswear, and action sports Under the NIKE and Jordan brand names. It also markets products designed for kids, as well as for other athletic and recreational uses, such as baseball, cricket, golf, lacrosse, outdoor activities, football, tennis, volleyball, walking, and wrestling. The company was founded in 1964 and is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon.