What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Assistant Branch Manager
Job Description Summary
Responsible for fostering growth of relationships with the Bank. Develops new loan/deposits business and expands existing account relationships. Coordinate sales activities in the branch. Works to achieve the mission of the Bank. Officer-in-Charge in the Branch Manager's absence.
Essential Job Functions
1. Leads the sales effort in the branch. Implement promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
2. Sells Bank products and provides superior customer service. Manages more complex sales transactions. Cross sells products and services, including mortgage loans.
3. Supports the Branch Manager in performing human resources activities related to sales staff, including hiring, coaching, performance management, pay and employee terminations.
4. Leads Relationship Banker team member performance by establishing annual performance targets, providing direction and support through activity based coaching and skill development. Leads sales meetings. Provides training on bank products and sales/service
5. Ensures that the branch staff meet all regulatory compliance standards. Follows all operating policies and procedures.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field - Preferred
· Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Complete understanding of all Bank deposits and credit product and services
· Customer Transactions, overrides, NFS/OD guidelines and certifications
· Strong knowledge of all deposit and credit products
· Smart Staffing tool
· Touchpoint Teller and MCCRM New Account process and systems
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Website : http://www.bnpparibas.com
BNP Paribas in the United States is part of a far-reaching global banking network, offering its clients a full range of services from investment and retail banking to asset management services. BNP Paribas has been present in the country since 1919 as the French American Banking Corporation and currently has over 14,000 employees in the US.