The Marketing Manager manages the ARMA Aviation multiple marketing, communications, and public relations programs. Assists in the development of the business strategy, proposal development and expansion of new business resources. Develop and execute marketing strategies. to support company growth strategy. Will report to the Business Development Director.
· Develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans designed to increase existing business and capture new business opportunities.
· Assist in proposal development and provide subject matter expertise in response to request for proposals (RFPs).
· Identify, develop, communicate and lead marketing strategies to support business development plan and support Company goals and objectives.
· Identify, formulate and implement comprehensive support to presentation generation, marketing efforts, trade show messaging and branding initiatives.
· Assist in capturing customer feedback to insure most important requirements, price sensitivities and growth areas identified and incorporated into the growth strategy.
· Participate on opportunity specific win strategy and proposal reviews.
· Represent the business development team unit within industry activities and committees when required.
· Work with cross-functional, and sometimes geographically spread, teams for strategy formulation and proposal development.
· Assist in developing and executing a total merchandising program, which includes elements such as:
• web content
• social media
• trade shows and exhibits
• incentive programs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Extensive knowledge of CONUS/OCONUS markets, Department of Defense (DOD) and U.S. Federal Civilian Government structures, agency acquisition procedures and marketing strategies for identifying and developing potential business opportunities.
· Excellent marketing management skills with direct, hands-on proposal writing and editing skills.
· Proven sales track record of establishing and maintaining partner relationships for immediate and on-going efforts.
· Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written skills are required.
· Possess superior public speaking, pitching, and presenting talents.
· Pilot experience, and/or aircraft and aviation operational knowledge highly preferred
· Effective leadership and resource development experience are valued qualities.
· Fiscal and business skills are required for in-depth portrayal of new business opportunities to internal leadership
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications
· Effectively interact with clients & team members, maintaining professionalism at all times
Experience and Education Requirements
· Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Aviation Technology or similar associated discipline. In the absence of a degree, six years of related experience.
· Experience creating impactful presentations (expert PowerPoint user) with ability to clearly portray complex concepts and tailor messaging to the audience knowledge base
· Strong business and aviation specific technical writing abilities.
· Experience with promotion of capabilities and marketing initiatives. Experience in advertising, media, social, brochure, apps, web and press relations are valued.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
· The work environment for this position is a normal office setting with visits to supplier facilities that could include manufacturers, warehouses, or operational airfields.
· Must be able to lift over 35 lbs.; work in extreme weather conditions for an extended period of time.
· Travel will be required and will be performed under the guidelines of Federal Travel Regulations (FTR) and/or Joint Travel Regulations, Volume II (JTR).
· Travel may be required to active war and hazardous locations OCONUS.
· Extensive travel (up to 50%) may be required.