Mgr Sup.Chain-Business Intel & Analytics
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Manager of Business Intelligence / Data Analytics is a key role within Comcast's Integrated Supply Chain Organization (ISCO). This role is critical in developing and executing on the supply chain strategy to build a scalable and robust data infrastructure to support Comcast's Supply Chain Analytics (SCA) and ultimately drive improvement throughout the supply chain network. The candidate will collaborate and work with the Supply Chain Systems & Technology team to integrate the enterprise supply chain system data into the Business Intelligence data infrastructure. They will have skills in data systems development & management; supply chain management and specifically MSO supply chain systems. They must have experience managing a system data development strategy, roadmap and project deliverables in support of users across multiple lines of business. They will be a subject matter expert (SME) of the Supply Chain systems and data infrastructure.
- Develop and operationalize enterprise wide metrics and KPI with a focus on driving continuous system & process improvement
- Manage, prioritize & report status of data systems development requests for supply chain system data infrastructure change requests & roadmap items
- Support leadership in building a strategic roadmap to support a scalable, robust and centralize enterprise data infrastructure to enable to a world-class supply chain
- Manage & support data system operational escalations with engineering and systems & technology teams
- Contribute to supply chains systems data management goals, budget & strategic business plans for the Comcast enterprise supply chain
- Business requirements analysis & documentation in support of new system enhancements
- Manage intake of new supply chain data into current reporting & analytical tools
- Contribute to data & analytics platform goals, budget & strategic business plans for the supply chain business intelligence & analytics team
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain / Operational Research, or other related field
Years of Experience: 8 years related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL (Structured Query Language) including related services such as SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Mastery in enterprise / data architecture to support business analytics and reporting
- Solid understanding of big data analytics and data warehouses / data marts (including data extraction techniques / ETL).
- Preferred, but not required:
- Practical application/ use of Hadoop (or other open-source software framework for big data
- R or Python programming language (or other related open source language that supports statistical computing)
- Knowledge / background in Machine Learning
- Working knowledge of supply chain management processes, systems, and best practices to include inventory management, order management, transportation management & warehouse management systems.
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://www.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.