Salem Communications Corporation
Salem Media Group, Inc. is looking for a Media Consultant/Account Executive in Columbus, Ohio. This is a great opportunity for the right sales professional to step into a thriving media consultant role and join the team of broadcast, digital/mobile, and event marketing experts at Salem Media Group, Inc., America’s leading Christian and conservative multi-media corporation.
This position will be with our Christian Teaching & Talk station, 104.5FM/880am The Word, and our Contemporary Christian Music station, 95.9FM The FISH *OR* our News Talk station, 98.9FM The Answer (including Cleveland Browns football). The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, and a drive to succeed. This person will be able to connect with current clients and bring in new clients to help them achieve their business objectives through effective radio broadcast, digital/mobile, and event advertising. Most importantly, we are looking for hard-working salespeople who want to work in a rewarding environment, make money, and help local businesses grow.
Responsibilities Will Include:
• Generate revenue and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques and new ideas
• Contact local businesses to develop new revenue through the sale of commercial advertising time and other station products
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating on air radio, online, digital/mobile, and event marketing
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions. and service
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
Requirements • Strong organizational, written, and presentation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Able to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• Competitive, persuasive, energetic, and self-motivated
• Able to overcome objections
• Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives, and social media
• Radio, Television, and/or outside media sales experience preferred but not required
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance
• Reliable and fully insured automobile, a valid driver’s license, and clean driving record
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• Life Insurance
• 401K retirement plan
If you are interested in selling some of the best media in the industry, we want to hear from you!
Please visit the Salem website at www.salemmedia.com Click on Careers / Search Open Jobs / Columbus and apply online with a resume and cover letter.
Salem Media Group, Inc. is the largest commercial U.S. radio broadcasting company providing Christian and conservative programming. Salem owns and operates 118 local radio stations, with 73 stations in the top 25 media markets.
Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publishing, a leading publisher of Christian themed magazines. Salem owns and operates 116 radio stations, with 71 stations in the nation’s top 25 top markets – and 30 in the top 10. Each of our radio properties has a full portfolio of broadcast and digital marketing opportunities.