The Regional Sales Director (RSD) has direct responsibility for improving and achieving the sales, margin, and profit goals for all consumer facing specialty sales in their region. This includes Installed Sales, Special Order Sales, Outside Sales, Project Sales, Lowe’s Extended Protection Plans (EPP) and Credit.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) will also have primary responsibility to ensure “Best in Class” customer experiences with every customer project both in and out of the store environment. As the sales leader and subject matter expert, the RSD will lead their Area Managers of Sales (AMSs) to maximize share of market through execution of the field strategic plan to support Sales and Service Fulfillment initiatives. Additionally, the RSD will work closely with field/store leadership, the CSC Specialty Sales teams (i.e. Outside Sales, Installed Sales, SOS, In-Store Pro Services, EPP and Credit), Merchandising category teams, Contact Centers, Central Production Offices and Marketing to achieve established goals for the Region, Division, and Company.
The position will be responsible to direct the company’s enterprise efforts to transform into a leading omni-channel home improvement company. This requires sponsoring and leading initiatives/projects to include training, communication, recruiting, hiring and developing people, process development, and effective execution of sales programs. This role leads, trains, and supports the Outside selling teams as well as supports Market Directors and Store Managers in the implementation, execution, and ownership of Outside and Specialty Sales programs to include the SOS and Installed Sales programs.
The RSD will also have responsibility to work collaboratively with the Vice President of Store Operations (VPSO) and Market leadership teams to support regional sales growth targets for outside sales as well as working cross-functionally with their peers to establish enterprise “Best Practices” that fully leverage customer experiences, sales growth opportunities and facilitate installation and realization of enterprise sales programs where needed.
Required Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or minimum of 2 years Store Manager/Market Director experience or minimum of 5 years industry experience in one or more of the following areas: Store Operations, Sales Management or Merchandising (multi-department experience preferred)
· Minimum two years of experience leading, managing and influencing a sales organization in a cross functional business environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to build strong working relationships across multiple functional areas
· Ability to travel 3 to 4 nights a week when required
· Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Qualifications :
· Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing or related field
· Market Director experience
· Proven ability to coach, lead and operate in a Home Improvement organization
· Ability to build and manage productive outside sales organization in Big Box environment
· Previous experience in successfully managing an in-home sales team
· Strong financial analysis experience including experience with DART
· Broad knowledge of interior/exterior product categories
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2015 sales of $59.1 billion, Lowe’s has more than 2,355 home improvement and hardware stores and 285,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com at http://www.lowes.com/ .
Job ID: 1275564BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: Specialty Sales
Department: 0710 - In-Home & Specialty Sales
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 1318
Location Name: Lowe's Region 18 Office
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Website : http://www.lowes.com/
Lowe’s has been helping our customers improve the places they call home for more than 60 years. Founded in 1946, Lowe’s has grown from a small hardware store to the second-largest home improvement retailer worldwide. Our story began in North Carolina, when Carl Buchan, part owner of the North Wilkesboro Hardware Company, envisioned creating a chain of hardware stores. He purchased the company from his brother-in-law and partner and had the foresight to anticipate a post-World War II building boom. By eliminating wholesalers and dealing directly with manufacturers, Lowe’s established a lasting reputation for low prices.