Search Sales Manager (Mid Market) BING
Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing.
The Bing Advertising Mid-Market Sales group empowers medium-sized advertisers and agencies around the world to reach their maximum revenue potential through paid search engine marketing (SEM) on the Microsoft Bing platform.   We are seeking a Sales Manager to drive Mid-Market search revenue, exceptional customer relationships and high quality scaled engagement through direct management of a group of Account Executives who will service Search Marketing Clients using Bing Ads. The individual in this role will bring deep experience in people leadership, media sales, strategic thinking, customer obsession, a passion for innovation and best-practice sharing, all while showing they can deliver exceptional results over time. The Sales Manager should have a proven track record of building, maintaining and growing high-performing sales teams.
• Meet or exceed Search revenue targets for Mid-Market agencies by delivering accurate revenue forecasts, and leading the Account Executive team from planning through to execution.
• Team development, management and leadership.   Foster an inspiring and high-performing sales culture of with a clear vision, great account teaming and collaboration.
• Regularly engage with customers to maintain a pulse on the industry and drive advertiser satisfaction.
• Collaborate with internal teams to improve customer satisfaction, remove and report blockers, and create a seamless customer experience. Drive resolution of escalated customer issues.
• Partner with Sales to define and implement consistent account planning approach and prioritization of service capacity in the Mid-Market segment.   Establish rhythm for assessing efficacy of the services model.
• Lead a culture of sales excellence.   Drive the consistent implementation and adoption of sales/service processes and success KPIs.
• Drive lead generation and onboarding efforts by coaching, empowering and supporting pipeline building efforts for prospecting AE.
• Forecast and manage resources to ensure quality service to the right customers
• Enrich and evolve our people and capabilities.   Attract, grow and retain talent base as #1 organizational asset.   Foster and enrich a healthy work environment and ensure line of sight on Microsoft strategies for all employees.
• Maintain a pipeline of top talent and continuously develop high potential talent within the team.   Promote hiring best practices which optimize for diversity.
• Continually develop industry knowledge and grow professionally. Act as an ambassador and representative for Microsoft in the advertising and media community.
• Develop network of strong relationships with key search and media industry influencers, customers and partners. Develop and maintain a high-level understanding of the search industry and trends affecting or influencing the marketplace.
The individual in this role will bring deep people leadership and media sales experience, strategic thinking, customer obsession, a passion for innovation and best-practice sharing, all while showing they can deliver exceptional results over time.
• Minimum 5 years people management experience
• Minimum 5 years of relevant sales, advertising, or service experience including complex business transactions with senior executives, preferably in the search advertising (10 preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree (MA, MBA, PhD) preferred
• Proven track record of exceptional performance, measured against revenue, customer satisfaction, and organizational health metrics
• Demonstrated capability to manage and coach high performing sales and/or service teams
• Relentless focus on the customer experience
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for search and technology and its use in driving revenue, efficiency, customer and employee satisfaction
• Flexibility to accommodate change and thrive amid ambiguity
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, ability to scale across all levels of an organization
• Ability to travel up to 30%
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
United States, New York (NY)
Products and technologies
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software, services, and hardware devices. Its Windows division offers Windows operating system; Windows Services suite of applications and Web services, including Outlook.com and SkyDrive; Surface RT and Pro devices; and PC accessories. The companys Server and Tools division provides server software, cloud-based services, and solutions; and training and certification to developers and information technology professionals, as well as builds standalone and software development lifecycle tools for software architects, developers, testers, and project managers. Its products include Windows Server operating systems, Windows Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Intune, Windows Embedded, Visual Studio, System Center products, Microsoft consulting services, and Premier product support services. The companys Online Services division offers online information and content, including Bing, Bing Ads, and MSN. Its Microsoft Business division provides software and online services, such as Microsoft Office system consisting of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, Yammer, and Microsoft Office project and office Visio; and Microsoft Dynamics business solutions, including Microsoft Dynamics ERP and Dynamics CRM, as well as Microsoft Office Web Apps and Microsoft Office 365, which are online service offerings. The companys Entertainment and Devices division offers products and services designed to entertain and connect people. Its products include Xbox entertainment platform, including Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment console, Kinect for Xbox 360, Xbox 360 video games, and Xbox 360 accessories; Xbox LIVE; Skype; and Windows Phone. The company markets and distributes its products through original equipment manufacturers, distributors, and resellers, as well as online. It has a strategic partnership with DocuSign, Inc. and Ooyala. Microsoft Corporation was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in Redmond, Washington.