MeyerDC, a national distributor and industry leader in health and wellness product distribution for over 65 years, is looking for a Senior Copywriter who is a prolific and talented individual to work alongside the Digital & Marketing Managers on a variety of projects and tasks. We anticipate this role to be split between general marketing project management and content creation (content writing, products, SEO content, newsletter, and customer-facing digital resources, etc.) to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to speak to a variety of different audiences, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
Under minimal supervision, this role determines what content is needed to deliver an exceptional user experience, and ensures that all editorial and support content is findable, easy-to-understand, actionable and shareable for our users. This role is involved throughout the content development process, including defining the content strategy and writing all necessary copy and content artifacts. The writer will shape ideas based on user and business insight, resulting in business content strategies.
● Writes concise, engaging content that adheres to brand guidelines for tone and voice, uses language best practices for the given channel/medium and is optimized for search engines.
● Defines content problems to be solved during the objective-setting and discovery process for new projects, and decides which content methods and tools to use for the business challenge at hand.
● Manages content strategy for WBC Groups B2B portals, collaborating heavily with product, marketing, business and business teams in the planning and development of effective digital solutions.
● Leverages customer research, personas, journey maps and site data to develop content strategies that target user needs and support business goals.
● Works closely with experience and visual designers to ensure that content and information architecture supports and strengthens the overall user experience strategy, including navigation structure and taxonomy.
● Aligns cross project or cross-work stream content experience requirements to ensure continuity for the user across the omni-channel customer experience.
● Publishes simple content updates to the site.
● Strong analytical skills, ability to manage multiple projects and enthusiasm for data-driven marketing
● Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
Assisting with creating assets and implementing strategies that follow the concept and goals of each marketing campaign.
Working closely with Digital and Operational Marketing manager create tactics each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness.
Grow our subscriber base by providing them regular, helpful content that’s in-tune with their needs.
As assigned by management assist in special projects and key strategic initiatives leading cross functional teams.
Optimizing content for search engines and lead generation.
Conducting analytical projects to improve content strategies/tactics.
Proofreading and editing original articles.
Assisting with imagery as needed.
Customer Growth (Inbound Marketing)
Work closely with Marketing Managers to project manage initiatives to grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers).
Optimize b2b website content strategy to ensure it is the sole place our internal sales organization leverages.
Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
Perform competitive research and help position us to win more customers
Email Marketing / Digital
1 Years email marketing experience around content production.
Search Engine Optimization – Content Specific
Relevant keyword input during web design process and on new blog posts, products, team members, etc.
Manage organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on site impressions, clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.
Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with SEO and major search engines.
Working with the Designer to implement designs and updates via Content Management System.
Adding, updating, and deleting products from the website as needed.
Updating all content on website
● Bachelor`s degree or equivalent work experience required.
● 7 years professional experience in writing and editing with a minimum of 4 years in an online platform.
● Experience leading content initiatives from ideation through implementation.
● Experience publishing in an enterprise level content management system.
● Experience working in a holistic customer-centric design process and ability to collaborate across department teams.
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills (comfortable in interacting with all levels of the company and presenting projects and status reports).
● Strong relationship building and networking skills.
● Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneous.
● Competitive salary and bonus
● Career path planning and growth opportunities
● Opportunities to participate in committees related to company culture, environmental sustainability and charity work
● On site fitness center, personal training, health risk assessments and walking trail
● Paid days for charity participation
● Comprehensive benefits package
● Mountain Climber program