NBC Universal, Inc.
The Data Platforms & Strategy team at NBCU is in the business of leveraging vast amounts of consumer and viewership data to change how traditional (linear) TV and digital advertising impressions are packaged, sold, planned, delivered, optimized and measured for clients. If you are looking to join a small, agile team of disruptors looking to shape the convergence of traditional TV and digital advertising, look no further! NBCUniversal is looking for passionate, results-oriented and motivated self-starters to support innovation in our new Audience Studio. Audience Studio is the collection of all of NBCU’s data-driven, cross-portfolio and cross-channel advertising products.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
• Build internal and client-facing reports (standard and ad-hoc) highlighting campaign performance, insights and optimizations for the data-driven products that comprise Audience Studio
• Train all end users on reporting features/functionality, including new enhancements
• Regularly communicate pre, intra, and post-campaign performance to all relevant stakeholders and act as point of contact for reporting/data issues that may arise
• Create a process to establish baseline reporting which will analyze optimized and non-optimized campaigns to illustrate ROI on Audience Studio products
• Anticipate the convergence of TV and VT and design reporting and tools to accommodate both digital and TV campaign reporting with a common currency
• Establish pricing strategy with leadership team for Audience Studio products to ensure optimal use of inventory
• Understand client reporting and measurement goals and advise on best strategies to accomplish them via ROI and measurement best practices
• Partner with Technology to migrate data exports from vendors into internal structured databases
• Fully understand the data ecosystem in order to educate others, and identify/escalate issues involving base data (as-runs, viewership data, consumer data, etc.)
• Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and external vendors to define requirements and develop a long-term reporting strategy that can be automated and is scalable as Audience Studio products grow
• Keep abreast of the rapidly-evolving technologies and trends in the TV and digital realms and build a thorough understanding of the media and advertising ecosystem and its key players
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in a quantitative field of study
• 3-5 years of professional experience in media, research, advertising, technology or financial services
• SQL superuser
• SAS, SPSS or other data mining package experience a plus
• Experienced in deploying modern BI/data visualization tools such as Tableau or Microstrategy to a business audience and training end users on the tool(s) and reports contained therein
• TV and/or digital campaign reporting/analysis experience
• Familiarity with traditional TV measurement (Nielsen) and digital media math
• Ability to effectively present data and translate technical terminology into consumable information for clients
• Experience with Spark/Scala/Python a plus
• Customer service orientation (internal and external customers)
• Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit; intellectually curious
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills - collaborative spirit is key!
• Self-starter with the capacity to deliver on multiple campaigns, contribute new ideas, meet tight deadlines, and be decisive under pressure
• Strong analytical skills, ability to convey the story arc of a campaign to business and product teams
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Familiarity with advertising operations and how ads are delivered and measured cross-channel
• Solid understanding of the advertising landscape in terms of how data is leveraged and linked within and across platforms for both targeting and measurement purposes
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Click Here
to view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.
NBC Universal, Inc.
Website : http://www.nbcuniversal.com
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.