Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
887040BRReq ID:887040BRCompany Summary:Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.Job Title:Visual DesignerPosition Summary:.City:SAN BRUNOState:CAPosition Description:As a Visual Designer, we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative within the Customer Experience of Walmart’s Global eCommerce Division. Specifically, your assignment is to help the Everyday Living team to deeply empathize with the customer, liaise across partners in Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom.
The right fit is someone who is a creative and strategic visual designer, passionate for building in the ecommerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
• Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts
• Make design decisions based on good judgment, experience, research, and data
• Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that affect billions of our customers every day
• Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experienceMinimum Qualifications:What You'll Need
• A product design portfolio that demonstrates how you description to solve customer needs.
• Prototyping, product/interaction/visual design/prototype through pencil on paper sketching and using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
• Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
• Ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Experience partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3 years design experience, or proven track record in product designAdditional Preferred Qualifications:Bonus Points
• Familiarity with responsive web, iOS and Android
• Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce
• Bachelor’s in designCategory:User Experience and Design (UX/UI) Division:Global eCommerceEmployment Type:Full TimeRequisition Template:eCommerce Department Summary:The UX Design team is creating user experiences for customers who shop online on our sites from their desktops and mobile devices. It’s all about the user experience from ideation, exploring experience design concepts, to prototyping and testing. Our UX/UI experts include strategists, researchers, architects and designers who build best-in-class site experiences and apps. It’s incredibly exciting and rewarding to see products in our users’ hands.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Website : http://www.walmart.com
Walmart helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our 11,000 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $466 billion, Walmart employs 2.2 million associates worldwide.