Date Last Verified
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
The Journal is seeking an Advertising Director for our newspaper in Seneca South Carolina. The Journal is a 5 day a week publication with a TMC publication giving us 6 days a week total in print and online. Seneca is in the upstate in the western corner of South Carolina nestled between the Blue Ridge Mountains and Clemson University. Add to that we are situated on one of the most pristine lakes in all of America and there may not be a better place to live, work, and play.
We are seeking a career professional with the right personality to lead a veteran sales team in the trenches. Our managers are everyday working managers that carry their own lists and lead the sales team by example. Our ownership and senior management is committed to growing newspapers even in a very difficult environment to do so, but if you’re a newspaper or advertising person then that should be music to your ears. We are a sales first organization who has been able to continue to grow our newspaper’s circulation and advertising revenues 7 of the last 8 years, even through a recession.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Revenue generation, forecasting and budgeting, achieving goals
• Maintaining and motivating an excellent veteran staff while recruiting and mentoring young talent
• Coordination with department heads and senior management
• Ability to multitask
• Works well under stress, and is not afraid of pressure or deadlines
• Building and maintaining relationships inside and outside the company walls
• Meet and exceed monthly revenue goals
• Must be willing to be one of the faces of the company in public
• Media management and advertising sales experience both in print and digital desired.
• Clean MVR and reliable transportation
The Journal is a subsidiary of The Edwards Group. We offer:
• Competitive salary and bonus structure
• Typical benefits package including healthcare, paid time off, vehicle reimbursements and more
If you think this might be the place for you, please forward your resume along with references and salary requirements to our General Manager Hal Welch at ****
. The Edwards Groups and its holdings are all Equal Opportunity Employers.