Miles Kimball Company
Silver Star Brands, is a leader in the multi channel marketing industry and home of Miles Kimball, Walter Drake, Easy Comforts, As We Change, Exposures, Bi Matrix, and Native Remedies. We were named one of the top 200 in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 list for 2015. Located in Oshkosh, WI since 1934, our company is large enough for opportunity, but with just 500 year-round team members, you will be recognized and rewarded for your efforts.
Company culture is important to our team members whose values are modeled through H.E.A.R.T.-Honesty, Equality, Accountability, Respect, and Trust.
We are looking for an eCommerce Marketing Intern to join our team!
The Internet Marketing Intern is an on-going placement who is responsible for assisting with the planning and executing the internet marketing efforts for the Silver Star Brands lines. This includes driving site traffic through various marketing tactics and providing input and assistance with site development, enhancements and day to day site operations. Must be available to work 10-20 hours per week.
Major Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Coordinate the marketing efforts of multiple websites, including but not limited to: Amazon, paid keyword search, search engine optimization and affiliate marketing campaigns, working closely with merchandising teams
• Assist with research and data management of paid Google and Bing advertising
• Assist the affiliate marketing program, including promotions, data feeds, creative, newsletters
• Plan and research the search engine marketing (SEM), including keyword analysis, copy, link creation and maintenance with partners
• Search engine optimization (SEO) keyword research, tracking, and optimization
• Help troubleshoot our product listings on Amazon and input missing product specifications
• Assist in analyzing site metrics and customer purchasing activity
• Assist in preparing marketing budgets, forecasts and reports
• Assist in timely and accurate reporting of all online marketing initiatives
• Keep on top of industry best practices and use these findings to proactively drive recommendations and find new opportunities
Required education, skills, abilities, and experience:
• Pursing Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, marketing, business, communication or a related field
• Available 10-20 hours per week. Full time available during semester breaks
• Advanced Excel skills. Excel is an integral tool.
• Understanding of online shopping experience and competitive environment
• Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing venues (keyword search, affiliate marketing, email marketing, etc)
• Be comfortable making data-based decisions and recommendations
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
• Skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Pro-active sense of responsibility
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with accuracy
Miles Kimball Company