Advertising Account Executive. Tampa, Brandon and Clearwater, FL. About the Company
The Tampa Bay Times, which is Floridas largest daily newspaper, has been part of the Tampa Bay community for more than 130 years. Locally owned and independent, the Times has long been celebrated for its outstanding and credible journalism, practiced with integrity in the public interest and has been ranked among the Top 10 newspapers in the country. It has chronicled the Tampa Bay region's growth with outstanding journalism, winning 12 Pulitzers and numerous other awards along the way. The Role
The Advertising Account Executive will be responsible for planning, selling and servicing a list of advertising accounts primarily through face to face contact with customers. We currently have openings in Tampa, Brandon and Clearwater. Duties and Responsibilities
* Developing this account list/territory to its maximum revenue potential and prospecting for new business in order to continuously build the account list.
* Remain in close communication with clients to comprehend their needs and specifications
* Learn about the clients' industry and business activities to suggest more personalized solutions
* Liaise with clients to organize promotional events or decide on advertising material that suit their profiles and goals
* Collaborate with colleagues to design creative campaigns or other projects according to the standards discussed with clients
* Employ networking techniques to attract new clients
* Negotiate budgets and deadlines and make detailed presentations justifying costs and schedules
* Other duties as assigned. Education and/or Experience
* Bachelors degree from a four-year college with 2 yrs of previous experience in selling media or related position preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong sales and negotiation skills.
* Good understanding of marketing and advertising methods and techniques
* Ability to create and use presentations from all available market information to maximize sales.
* Good organization and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of accounts possibly from different industries.
* Ability to generate new business through direct sales calls.
* Computer skills, including database use and list management. Benefits for Full-Time Eligible Employees
* Competitive Pay.
* Flexible work schedule.
* Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans beginning your first day of employment with the company.
* 100% employer paid short term and long-term disability.
* 100% employer paid basic life insurance.
* Supplemental life insurance.
* Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
* Tax-Deferred Savings Plan for retirement.
* A generous vacation and personal leave time program and much more... How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply through the Tampa Bay Times careers portal at ****recblid 8ws42inup00dfwoipcye0aqyhd5ru7
Tampa Bay Times requires you to fill in their on-line form which will open in a different window.
Enter your email address and click 'Apply':
Prefer not to enter your email?
Follow the application instructions in the Job Description.