POSITION: Director of Business Development
LOCATION: Mid-Wilshire La Brea | 7461 Beverly Blvd. Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90036
CONTACT: Jesse Sacks, Recruiting Partner, m. ************
THE COMPANY: Xivic (*************) [****************************************************************************************************
Founded in 1996, Xivic is a pioneer and market leading digital agency with a team of big thinkers offering the best in digital product development and search experience marketing. Xivic builds innovations for its clients. Sometimes that innovation is a business strategy. Sometimes its an app, website or piece of technology. And sometimes its an ad
campaign. As marketing has evolved to become the business of technology, Xivics solutions are responsive, measurable, and scalable.
Xivic is constantly innovating in the fields of conversion rate optimization, online advertising, SEO, and social media. Always on the lookout for new strategies that can deliver an even greater ROI, faster, and at a lower cost. The team at Xivic thinks things forward, always pushing and seeking out the cutting edge in technology and human experiences to cultivate relationships that matter.
* An established agency with over 20 years of product and marketing innovation expertise.
* Xivic is ranked as one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. 5000.
* Clients include Disney, Mattel, NBCUniversal, Sony, GE, EA Games, Meineke Car Care Centers, Staples, Participant Media, Maaco, StartPlug, Toyota, California Closets and more.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development is an Impact Player instrumental in growing market revenue through new business development, producing a robust pipeline of sales prospects and new clients, actively contributing to the agencys pitch strategies, pitch project management, proposal responses and development of presentations.
* Identifying opportunities based on understanding of business climate and Xivics specific areas of business practice, including: Digital Marketing Services and CRO (as primary focus), Web/Mobile Experience Architecture, e-Commerce platforms, and Content Management Systems (as secondary focus)
* Working as needed in outbound capacities to reach-out to new prospects and/or developing relationships that move towards actual sales opportunities
* Responsible for identifying and contacting client decision makers and to set up meetings to create leads and opportunities
* Run end-to-end pitch process, including assessing initial opportunities, collaborating with key internal stakeholders on pitch deliverables, interfacing with prospective clients, and creating written RFP responses
* Understand client business goals and strategic imperatives and help the pitch team develop strategic deliverables including written and creative assignments that represent the clients needs
* Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations (required to run through sample pitch in round 2 of interview)
* Ensure sales material are up to date and strategize any newly needed material
* Leverage your extensive list of well-known, high-level contacts at Fortune 500 & 1000 companies so that you can make an immediate impact on Xivics revenue
* Develop and nurture relationships with key partners such marketing software platform companies and PR firms
* Generate additional lead sources using your industry relationships, channel partner contacts, and personally-conducted outbound campaigns
* Develops an ongoing pipeline of opportunities suitable for Xivic in excess of $3M at all times
* Provide executives with realistic and updated sales forecasts
THE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
* EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in finance, marketing, communications, general business or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Proven track record of exceeding personal sales quotas
* Experience selling deals from $150K to $2M
* Developing sales proposals and contracts
* EXPERIENCE: 5 years of experience in the area of Digital Marketing, specifically in paid search and social, SEO, content marketing, email marketing. 3 years of sales, business development, client engagement in a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional digital agency or strategy firm
* Work with Xivics digital marketing team to set up and optimize lead generation funnel
* Thrives in a self-directed role and understands that successful collaboration with teams is critical to success
* Problem solving nature that evidences itself in the ability to put together large complex proposals (not just respond to RFPs)
* Competitive digital advertising industry knowledge
* Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
* Some travel may be required, but likely only 10-15%
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
* Self-reliant (You say, I got this)
* Ambitious (You take things to 11)
* Resourceful (You do more with less)
* Creative (You dream up concepts whose explanation begin with What if we)
* Passionate (You give a crap about what you do)
* Resilient (You get back up after you get knocked down)
* Team Player (You looks for ways to help the people around you)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong management skills, including scheduling and setting deadlines
* A relentless desire to use all the resources at your fingertips to resolve challenges
* Presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and drive collaboration with other departments and stakeholders
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, working toward shared goals and deadlines
WHY JOIN XIVIC?
Do you get a thrill out of problem-solving and helping businesses make the most of Paid Search and Display advertising? If yes, then Xivic will make you happy to come to work every day.
We also offer:
* A competitive compensation plan.
* Fruits and snacks stocked kitchen
* Adjustable standing (or sitting) desks
* Double monitors for sweet panoramic backgrounds
* A casual, fun, relaxed, and entertaining open office
* Professional development opportunities
* Health and Dental insurance
* Paid Time Off