The role incorporates multiple facets including facilitating Functional Specification Design sessions with the business, running workshops, conducting business interviews, working with engineering and the infrastructure team and other stakeholders.
The role helps define the vision for a product with the business
stakeholder(s) and gains concurrence on the business vision and then turns that vision, and associated FSD(s) into a solution design capable of delivering against the business goal. The primary artifact for the solution design is a Solution Overview Document together with appropriate Business Context Diagrams and various other artifacts.
The Solution Architect must engage engineering and infrastructure in the design of the solution through workshops and design sessions and is responsible to transition the knowledge gained through the design process to the Engineering team that will write the Detailed Design Documents. The Solution Architect is also responsible to support the DDD efforts and support technical/design questions about the application throughout the SDLC.
* Design solutions to meet the business/technical objectives
* Create and maintain Logical Architecture Diagrams
* Create and maintain Logical Integration Diagrams
* Manage/create/update Solution Overview Documents as needed
* Create and maintain Conceptual Architecture Diagrams
* Create and maintain Business Context Diagrams
* Must be able to contribute to/or develop Vision Strategy
documents in conjunction with Business Analyst(s) and the Business Stakeholder
* Manage and maintain architectural roadmaps for assigned
* Ability to think big picture and design solutions to
meet the business/IT needs
* Effectively communicate solutions architecture to
Engineering, infrastructure, Quality Assurance and other business/technical teams as needed
* Document and maintain gap analysis and 'health/maturity
check' of current state Vs. target architecture for assigned applications/services
Qualifications & Skills:
* BA or BS in Information Systems or a related area.
* Minimum of 5-10 years related IT experience (minimum 3 years
in Architecture & Design)
* The candidate must have demonstrated experience with
services, models and design abstractions, in Solution Architecture.
Experience with Business and Infrastructure Architecture is a plus.
* Good planning and project management skills
* Demonstrated experience with solution architecture involving
integration, middleware services, application service layers, user facing and back end systems
* Ability to create the conceptual solution design from a high
level, able to solve business problems.
* Experience with eCommerce and transactional systems
* Experience with solution design using J2ee, weblogic or
similar, middleware and ESB implementations using JMS/Tibco or similar technologies
* Experience with defining and/or implementing SOA services
and/or strategy for an organization
* Knowledge of distributed architectures and design patterns,
and best practices
* Architecture planning and management experience with a
mixture of recent technologies and legacy systems
* Hotel Industry experience is a significant benefit
* Demonstrated ability to adapt technical solutions to complex
business situations and strategies
* Experience with full system lifecycle for application
* Proven track record for working effectively with technical
and business functions
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent interpersonal skills required both in one-on-one
situations with all levels of personnel, and in facilitating group meetings.
Website : http://www.fahrenheitit.com