Digital & Social Media Sales
The Digital & Social Media Sales role will be responsible for growing revenue by identifying and securing national sponsorship opportunities that leverage Learfield’s extensive digital and social audience of college athletics fans. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Digital and Social Media and is an excellent opportunity to work on dynamic and innovative concepts and activations across 130 college athletics.
• Develop and execute plans to grow revenue from multimedia rights across 130 university athletics web and social properties to drive revenue.
• Develop cross-platform sponsorship packages that leverage Learfield’s digital and social audience and communicate with Digital leadership as needed.
• Work closely with the Digital Sales Strategists and the Directors of Digital Sales Strategy to understand best practices, develop case studies, and articulate results to prospects
• Identify new sponsorship opportunities through brand research and knowledge of industry trends
• Speak fluently to prospects about the advantages of digital and social sponsorship and educate potential partners on Learfield’s specific value
• Meet and exceed revenue goals through new business account lead generation, prospect development and closing business.
• Communicate frequent sponsor and prospect requests to the digital strategy teams to facilitate growth and scale programs
• Work closely with the Director of Social Media to implement big ideas that are driven by social media reach and impact.
• 3-5 years of experience in Social Media, Agency, or Social Network sales/business development roles
• A passion for social media and the power of digital media to accomplish client objectives.
• Ability to articulate aspects and differences of different social networks
• A genuine interest in athletics and social media and the convergence of the two
• Understanding of social media networks and the ever changing digital world and/or sponsorship/activation
• Experience crafting proposals and negotiating the close of six- and seven-figure contracts
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills
• A solution minded individual with a positive attitude who has worked in a creative environment
• Ability to articulate the advantages of digital and social advertising
• Capable of communicating with individuals who may not have a strong digital background.
• Ability to manage obstacles and overcome problems and objectives
• A positive attitude.
• Ability to travel for meetings with prospects/clients and to the Plano, TX HQ.