Sr. Fashion and Social Copywriter, Old Navy
Sr. Fashion and Social Copywriter, Old Navy
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
San Francisco, California
Date Posted:Aug. 09, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000 stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that’s just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
Old Navy – a brand for everyone a place for you!
Old Navy – Making current American fashion essentials accessible to every family.
From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 and we've been on a roll ever since. We were the fastest retailer to reach $1 billion in sales within four years and today we're one of the largest apparel brands in the world, operating more than 1000 stores across the US, Canada, Puerto Rico & Japan.
The Senior Copywriter is part of the Old Navy Marketing team.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Sr. Fashion Copywriter is responsible for providing copy and creative insight for social media and online marketing. Working independently and in collaboration with other writers, designers, social media strategists, and art directors, the Sr. Copywriter helps develop creative ideas for projects and helps define the continued evolution of the Old Navy brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Execution of copy
• Must be able to learn consumer insights and the needs of individual vehicles, deliver required messaging, and provide brand appropriate copy.
• Must be able to partner with designers and writers to create and develop project concepts.
• Must be responsible for delivering copy on time and with consistently high quality.
• Must be able to manage own workload across multiple projects.
• Must be able write in the Old Navy brand voice.
• Responsible for participating in conceptual thinking and collaborating with cross-functional partners to execute projects.
• Will provide both language and creative messaging rationale for each vehicle.
• Will create brand-appropriate customer-facing language through in-store signage and navigation, product naming, promotional eventizing, and brand-defining
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Editorial Director. Partners cross-functionally with Program Management, Design, Multimedia, Consumer Contacts, Strategy, and Merchandising.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Current and evolving sense of pop culture and fashion trends.
• Mastery of brand-driven social media vehicles, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
• Ability to create and execute a broad creative copy vision and write in an editorial voice.
• Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Mastery of the English language. Excellent creative writing skills.
Minimum educational level:
• BA preferred.
• 5 years social media, copywriting, or editorial experience.
• Knowledge of marketing materials and processes.
• Must be able to travel for production, store visits, and research as needed.
Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
Employee stock purchase plan.*
Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
Family care programs.
Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality at ****in the workplace in 2016.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Jobs