Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Principle Marketing Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Amtrak State Partner/Business Line and other brand related initiatives by planning, developing and maintaining marketing/advertising content to support business goals. This role will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (State Partners) to ensure advertising and promotion brand alignment via websites, social, email and other digital channels. He/she will implement and maintain an online marketing asset system to provide access to creative for other stakeholders to use in their advertising/promotion campaigns. This role will also collaborate with Amtrak's Social Media team to develop a robust influencer marketing program ensuring that the approach aligns to overall brand strategy and supports business goals. Additionally, the Marketing Specialist will be responsible for ongoing updates of online route information including schedules, visual mapping, branded station materials and other marketing collateral.
• Collaborate with State partner marketing representatives to provide content direction for websites, social, and other digital communications and promotional collateral
• Work with internal departments, advertising and brand agencies (as available) and state marketing representatives to ensure consistent approach to advertising/promotion content
• Collaborate with State partner marketing representatives and other stakeholders to manage ongoing content updates and enhancements to Amtrak's Online Marketing asset tool
• Plan and execute influencer marketing program in collaboration with Amtrak's social team and agency partner(s) to meet marketing /promotion goals.
• Work with creative vendors as necessary to support photoshoots, video production and other content develop initiatives.
• Manage the efforts of full service graphic design vendor(s) to support state partner marketing efforts and ad hoc brand collateral projects
• Assist with editorial support and distribution of The National, Amtrak's onboard magazine
• Provide support for content development for Amtrak.com and other Amtrak owned assets
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to update and maintain timetable schedules for online publishing and develop map and route information content as necessary
• Demonstrated years of experience in Content Marketing/Advertising/Digital Media
• Online editing and/or content management experience
• Proven strategic thinker and consensus builder in leading and directing many facets of brand building and promotions.
• Proven experience in developing social or website content strategies to build a brand's image and reputation, drive engagement and purchase
• Knowledge and understanding of brand management and experience utilizing brand communication tools including paid, owned and earned media
• Experience and knowledge in marketing content development and optimization
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite of products for creative design
• Proficient in PC based tools such as Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven experience in a detail focused project environment.
• Majority of projects are deadline driven and the individual must manage their time efficiently in order to execute projects on time and within budget
• Frequently operates in a collaborative cross-functional work environment
• Primarily an office environment but will require onsite participation at state partners or agency meetings
• 15% travel
• Masters Degree preferred
• Extensive online editing and/or content strategy experience (writing, messaging, tone of voice) as well as content execution and logistics
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements:3 - 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Marketing || No Additional
Website : https://www.amtrak.com
The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, Amtrak, is a corporation striving to deliver a high quality, safe, on-time rail passenger service that exceeds customer expectations. Learn all about Amtrak here from every angle.