Account Directors within our organization are passionate about making good ideas even better, whether its creative, strategic or logistical. They are maniacal about building on opportunities, whether its flushing out an integrated program or taking a consumer insight and uncovering a new opportunity for their brand. They are strong partners to their Creative teams and work with them toward the goal of a better product. They are strong partners to their clients as they have a clear vision of where the clients business needs to be and how their team can help deliver. They motivate their team, and set a good example by living creatively. We encourage Account Directors to know, find or discover the next great idea in the industry or in their category.
AGENCY RELATIONSHIPS: Is the one person who is solely accountable for any executional aspects of a brand. Is the diplomat for resolving inter-agency issues that involve a brands progress.
* Organically understands whats best for the work, best for the business and works to protect those two, interlocking ideas
* Is a strong partner to Creative Director
* Focuses on outcome and not method
* Is involved in new business pitches and analysis where appropriate
* Manages up; knows when to involve senior management and when to handle it themselves
* Keeps senior management informed enough so that there are no surprises Is actively committed to training and motivating account team
* People Development (for AS, AE)
* Actively trains and supports AS, AE development
* Gives meaningful role to AS, AE; identifies and leverages unique strengths and interests
* Further develops skill set of AS, AE
STRATEGIC PRODUCT: Can passionately create and defend a provocative creative strategy; can articulate and persuade why its right for the business.
* Can articulate strategys role in broader domain and division strategies
* Can support strategy development - can lead team in insights discovery such as competitive (including directing AS, AE on how to find relevant support data),
* Adds value in creative briefing: Brings ideas forward, brings client product to life; approaches opportunity creatively - pre-reading, room environment, immersion in brand, INSPIRE!
* Synthesizes current business and marketing knowledge to develop, improve and build on ideas (i.e. reads business journals, understands marketing trends and applies that knowledge strategically)
CREATIVE PRODUCT: Takes the creative to new places; nurtures a concept based on Consumer insight and Client insight
* Stimulates creative thinking throughout the process
* Knows how to sell; tailors meeting set up and discussion to situation and audience
* Is a missionary for the creative product and has pride in their own: keeps a reel, approaches creative with infectious enthusiasm
CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS: Manages the day to day client relationship; anticipates and resolves issues. Gets at the real client issue; can focus them on whats right and not just what they want. Diffuses issues when possible. If not, comes to supervisor with options for resolution.
* Strong voice for the Agency; trusted to represent the Agency by all departments
* Comfortable presenting to any/all clients
* Earns client respect and confidence; can reach up to more senior client
* Client feedback would indicate this person has a strong point of view, a voice, and fights for that in which he/she believes (not is easy to work with as much as is passionate)
* Masters client language and concepts; understands the barometer for success at clients company
* Understands completely how the Agency makes money: clients, overhead, PBT, expenditures, etc.
* Solid contributor to new business, is frugal with Agency money in a pitch
* Strong leadership skills
* Effective team builder across disciplines and at client; successfully delegates, effectively manages multiple brands, keeps team motivated
* Effective role model for AS, SAE, AE and AAE
* Minimum 5-7 years of Industry related experience
* Proven ability working with Product Launches, Digital Campaigns and Websites
* Supervisory, Leadership or Mentoring experience within advertising agency
* Strong interpersonal skills verbal and written communication skills
* Comfortable leading client calls
* Solutions oriented
* Must be attentive to details and adept at multi-tasking
* Working experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Willingness and ability to travel for programs if requested; 10% travel likely
* Competitive salary and benefits package
* 2 weeks vacation plus 4 floating holidays
* 16 paid holidays
* Lots of 4 day weekends over holidays
* Paid time off between Christmas and New Years
* Equal parts Entrepreneurial and Team Focused work environment
* Collaborative, progressive, modern, and mellow culture
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.shsincorporated.com
SHS, Incorporated is a progressive search firm specializing in the fields of pharmaceutical advertising, medical communications and education, healthcare public relations, pharmaceutical R&D, and biotechnology. Our consultants help companies find high-caliber personnel - those candidates that perform their roles efficiently and effectively. Men and women that have proven their worth and have the perfect combination of skills, background, and attitude to ensure success.