The Strategy Manager is the primary manager of the day-to-day requirements of communications planning. They are responsible for translating marketing/media objectives into communication plan development action steps, and managing the Associate(s) through various projects. The Strategy Manager is the primary point of contact for clients on stewardship requests, and is responsible for having a firm grasp of both strategic and functional media knowledge. The Strategy Manager should be ready and able to step in and handle situations when Associate Director is not available.
This role offers frequent client contact, ownership of the integrated plan, and the opportunity to lead project management and cross-media integration.
Four essential qualities we seek:
• Strong leadership presence and client management skills (ability to manage the maintenance on the brand and own the plan)
• Digital mindset/fluency and an insatiable curiosity for Innovation
• Flexibility and agility to manage complex processes with positivity and can-do attitude
• Ability to think beyond media as an active creative collaborator within an Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) team
• Assists Associate Director with all aspects of communication plan development/recommendations
• Interprets communications/media strategy and translates into communication planning action steps
• Oversees/manages Associate(s) and day-to-day operation of all media activity
• Demonstrate initiative by researching and identifying valuable information/insights to improve media product
• Fully embraces Connections that Captivate and uses as guiding principles for all media/communication recommendations
• Determines and supervises the best possible implementation of all approved communication plans and projects
• Acts as primary point of contact for client’s stewardship requests
• Learns and understands all phases of the clients’ marketing objectives and provides media recommendations to deliver against these objectives
• Understands all proprietary research tools/processes and applies learning during communication planning
• Prepares and presents communication plans, as needed, including objectives, strategy, rationale, and all backup materials
• Establishes strong working relationship with partner agencies (where/when applicable), delivering a seamless communications process
• Demonstrates agility via multi-tasking – multiple brands, strategic development and plan stewardship, management of Associate(s)
• Develops collaborative working relationship with all implementation teams, ensuring they fully understand brand’s communication objectives/strategies
• Trains and develops Associate(s), including:
o Effective level of delegation
o Managing group dynamics/relationships between Associate(s)
o Establishes and demonstrates strong leadership skills
o Evaluates performance of Associate(s) via PMP process; including assisting in the establishment of the cascading goals
o Checks work of Associate(s) to ensure accuracy
o Identifies opportunities for Associate(s) career development
• Continues participation in MDS Training offerings
• Establishes strong interviewing skills
• Timely delivery of all work
• A minimum of 3 years of media planning experience, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and organize projects for self and Associate(s)
• Excellent understanding of media fundamentals
• Demonstrates ability in training and leadership capability
• Provides an energy level that brings new and exciting ideas to the planning function
WHO WE ARE
Throughout our rich history, we’ve taken pride in our ongoing legacy of and commitment to constant evolution. It’s in our DNA to evolve.
By melding the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse across our business, we aim to bring modern heat to brands – the kind of heat that arises at the intersection of startup and powerhouse; of data and content; of art and science; of old and new.
Energy and innovation fuels our startup spirit, while the unrivaled marketplace clout, exclusive partnerships, and global practice capabilities we have at our disposal as a full-service **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. agency deliver our powerhouse soul for our clients.
We hope you’ll take a few moments to learn more about us, and to begin thinking about how we might put “the power of plus” to work for you (****Spark Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.