Washington, DC, United States
Advertising, Marketing, Pr, Internship
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The intern will be dedicated to the Marketing and Sales Department under the supervision of the Principal Officer, National Advertising. The intern will support the research, development and implementation of marketing and advertising initiatives and campaigns to increase ridership on Amtrak’s National network of services. The intern will identify strategies, trends and best practices for advertising and promotions targeting students and millennials as well as other niche consumer segments. He/she will also coordinate the integration of communication across various departments/functional areas to support flash sales and other promotional offers. In this role, the intern will interact with Amtrak personnel within and outside the Department and occasionally with external partners and advertising agencies.
* Assist in performing reviews and analysis of marketing proposals/ad campaign
* Research and collect data from various sources to support marketing plans
* Develop detailed and concise communications plans
* Handle various follow-up activities with internal and external contacts to plan, develop and implement advertising promotions and campaigns
* Proofreading advertising campaign/communication
* Assisting with advertising content development projects as needed
* This position begins immediately or Summer 2019
* Must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Marketing and/or Communications
* Must be actively pursuing a degree at an accredited educational institution.
* Must have at least 1 year of academic undergraduate studies completed or a sophomore status at minimum.
* Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week between the days/hours: Monday-Friday, 8a-5p
* Experience in Microsoft Office software suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
* Ability to manage multiple projects
* Self-motivated and able to work independently
* High attention to detail and organizational aptitude
* Experience in Marketing and Communication with a strong knowledge of marketing and advertising principles
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Education Requirements:High School/GED
Employment Experience Requirements:1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Marketing || No Additional
Website : https://www.amtrak.com
The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, Amtrak, is a corporation striving to deliver a high quality, safe, on-time rail passenger service that exceeds customer expectations. Learn all about Amtrak here from every angle.