Advertising Insight, Analyst 2
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Comcast Spotlight is looking for an enthusiastic, driven and intellectually curious individual to join our research team. Partners with multiple teams of advertising sales and research professionals to compile and translate market research into insightful, compelling sales stories that strategically position the value of Comcast Spotlight's suite of marketing solutions. Has the ability to translate complex findings into simple reports and presentations and understands advertising research data, standards, and practices. The successful candidate will be able to look beyond what an analysis shows with a strong desire to discover the why.
- Demonstrates proficiency in accurately compiling and analyzing large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information/data using appropriate software from all research tools that support Spotlight's suite of products, with a particular focus on assigned areas of expertise.
- Researches market conditions specific to area of focus to determine potential sales of a product and provides research on behalf of the customer.
- Identify and address complex issues (conflicting data, client objections, industry trends, etc.) and offer solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares and submits statistical reports, graphic illustrations of findings, and action plan recommendations to marketing sales management.
- Understands and practices various statistical concepts, research data, standards, and practices.
- Gathers data on competitors; analyzes and compares such competitive factors utilizing sales research tools, resources & methodology such as Strata, Kantar, Polk and Comscore.
- Applies proficient understanding of the selling process and strategic use of qualitative and quantitative research tools.
- Ability to find standard or custom solutions for current and potential customer key marketing challenges and having the ability to articulate those solutions to clients.
- Leverages core sales materials to customize support for strategic account planning and business development for key accounts with preparation of analyses and client materials.
- Conduct effective and comprehensive information searches as needed from research tools that support a client-focused approach to Spotlight's multi-screen product offerings for appropriate clients.
- Participates in the strategic account planning, key account meetings and participates in client calls to position research in markets for which they are responsible.
- Some travel required to sales offices.
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams and department leadership to create research presentations and summaries.
- Assists Analysts in developing research skills.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Applications (Excel & PowerPoint);
- Experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, ComScore, Strata View, etc.) and/or syndicated data (Scarborough, Experian, Polk, Kantar, etc.)
- Understands fundamentals media measurement, research and local cable advertising.
- Background creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data.
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Experience with Digital Video / TV metrics and familiarity with how TV media buying works.
- Experience with R, MySQL, Looker, Python, or VBA a plus, but not required.
- Curiosity and deep desire to learn.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://corporate.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.