Regional Director, Advertising Research
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Comcast Spotlight is looking for an enthusiastic, driven and intellectually curious individual to lead our research team. Partners with multiple teams of advertising sales and research professionals to compile and translate market research into insightful, compelling sales stories that strategically position the value of Comcast Spotlight's suite of marketing solutions. Has the ability to translate complex findings into simple reports and presentations and understands advertising research data, standards, and practices. The successful candidate will be able to look beyond what an analysis shows with a strong desire to discover the why. They also must demonstrate their leadership ability through effective oral and written communication to both our research and sales teams as well as our clients.
- Responsible for managing, gathering, analyzing, and interpreting information about a product or service to be offered in a market. Oversees and engages research and sales teams in the competitive characteristics of the business's target market and industry.
- Leads, coaches and motivates research team members on projects that compile, analyze and interpret data. Develops team members to translate research findings into concise and effective customized presentations and marketing pieces for key clients.
- Identifies training needs in markets for research related products and resources and works with research team to facilitate.
- Collaborates with department leads to anticipate training needs, provide division/corporate training team feedback, and ensure usage and proficiency of all sales research applications.
- Work with Sales Leadership to develop and implement proactive solutions for client support and customer care initiatives.
- Goes beyond internal resources to research trends and seasonal opportunities in top categories with the end goal of supporting sales staff in their planning efforts.
- Regularly attends client appointments and makes a point to divide time between local and Interconnect clients. Is a regular participant and key contributor in the SAM/key account meeting process in all markets in which they are responsible
- Receive guidance and training on Product/Solution/Category/Multiscreen initiatives and lead team to roll out to Sales, support campaigns, provide feedback to Corporate
- Proactively introduce Spotlight Thought Leadership to major agencies and clients, and act as primary resource for key agency relationships; provide market feedback to Corporate
- Monitors and evaluates industry/market trends using Spotlight Research tools (i.e. competitive media databases such as TNS) and other resources; reports key findings to market leadership and other department leads.
- Acts as key partner to business leadership team to proactively generate strategic analyses and forecasts in the areas of product preferences, sales coverage, market penetration, market practices and other impacts on competitive marketplace
- Implements and enforces approved research standards, policies and procedures, holds area research teams accountable to Divisional/Corporate standards and performance goals
- Proficient in multiple data resources and methodology in LPM markets, as well as NDM, Fusion, and Diary market methodologies
- Be a knowledgeable resource and serve as a point of contact for other department heads.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Regular Travel required to sales offices
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Applications (Excel & PowerPoint).
- Solid experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, comScore, Strata View, etc.) and syndicated data (Scarborough, Experian, Polk, Kantar, etc.)
- Deep understanding of media measurement, research and local advertising marketplace.
- Background creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data.
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience with Digital Video / TV metrics and familiarity with how TV media buying works.
- Experience with R, MySQL, Looker, Python, or VBA a plus, but not required.
- Curiosity and deep desire to learn.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and maintains high level of professionalism that ensures superior customer service in both written and verbal interactions.
- Encourages and leads change with curiosity, open-mindedness and ownership that helps develop support for changes.
- Aligns team and self to Spotlight's vision through understanding and articulating the strategic vision with the Research team members. Pursues opportunities that have the biggest impact, wisely investing time and resources
- Proactively identifies and anticipates customer needs/ expectations, and builds proposed solutions.
- Demonstrates resilience and composure in the face of setbacks, and seeks out and uses feedback to improve performance of self, team, and impact of work.
- Actively promotes a culture of respect that values individual differences and diversity.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity of the sales function, industry trends and utilizes the information to identify simplified narratives for key clients.
- Seeks feedback to anticipate business or Research team needs and escalates solutions/feedback to Research leadership.
- Demonstrates leadership and influence when partnering with sales team members, clients, and key stakeholders. Builds expectations for team members to also demonstrate presence and influence.
- Experienced in data analytics for advanced advertising methods and attribution modeling, and is able to provide expertise and guidance to sales teams, agencies and clients to identify appropriate audience targeting and illustrate multi-platform campaign effectiveness.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://corporate.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.