Marriott International, Inc.
New York City, NY, United States
Advertising, Marketing, Manager, Hospitality
Oct 22, 2021
Feb 04, 2022
Manager, Luxury Brands, W Hotels
MI Lab, 417 5th Ave 9th Floor, New York, New York, United States
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Manager, Luxury Brands, (W Hotels) is a strategic and creative brand executive, deeply immersed in lifestyle, cultural trends and experiences, with a focus for guest experience and consumer satisfaction. More simply, The Manager likes to get stuff done and do great work while having fun. Success in this role requires a passion for culture, initiatives, hotel operations, guest satisfaction and lifestyle luxury. This role will support the VP, Luxury Brands on the development, execution and sustainment of successful guest initiatives and strategy for W Hotels Worldwide and will be a key member of the W Hotels Global Brand Team.
This is a critical role on the W Brand team to deliver on the brand strategy. The role is responsible for the strategy, creation execution, and sustainment of guest experience initiatives that drive differentiation, guest satisfaction, and a reinforcement of W’s unique Cult for Culture. This role will collaborate closely with multiple stakeholders across the organization to achieve fast and effective roll out of initiatives, acting as the primary W Brand representative to leverage the expertise and resources of Marriott International.
The Manager, Luxury Brands will concept, design and lead strategic initiatives and for the brand, fostering and driving the brand’s culture and strategy of innovation to position W as a differentiated luxury brand. Key responsibilities will include 1) help articulate W vision, strategy and experience into actionable frameworks, tactics, and programs for internal stakeholders on/above property, 2) create compelling property/product/experience that will align with Brand mission and vision, putting the guest at the center of everything, 3) develop new and drive existing strategic brand initiatives, 4) ensure global consistency in how our brand passions and guest touchpoints are coming to life on property. The ideal candidate is an experienced, passionate strategist and guest experience designer, deeply immersed in global cultural trends/experiences and hospitality; is globally minded and endlessly curious, while constantly representing W New Positioning. Leads with empathy, authenticity, and inclusion. Able to work independently, under very tight deadlines in a high pace environment with good project management skills and a positive can do attitude.
Education and Experience Preferred
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, or related major
• 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in brand, consulting strategic agency, operations, or versatile startup environment
• Record of balancing analytical and creative thinking, with experience systematizing a creative process
• Demonstrated project leadership and management skills, including ability to lead multi-functional project teams
• On-property hospitality experience or lifestyle brand (or brand ops) experience
• Experience with customer research and analytics, including abilities to make business case for necessary research, proficiency in the analysis of customer research and quality analytics
• Previous successful work experience in multi-discipline environment
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Development of Guest initiatives
• Follows a guest-centric approach to build unique, meaningful brand experiences through all consumer touchpoints. Works collaboratively with owners, operators, cross-functional leaders and hotel teams to identify and develop new initiatives/offerings
• Lead development and sustainment of new W programs that deliver the brand promise and create tangible and measurable experiences that support guest satisfaction and brand promise
• Engage network of W teams and Talent from around the world to get conceptual and operational feedback at multiple stages of initiative development to promote hotel buy-in and adoption
• Create effective new brand/ops processes and communications to tighten the turnaround of project development, especially with broader programs that require shared resources such as legal, sourcing, etc.
• Drive consistency in the guest experience across passion point programming
Strategic Brand initiatives
• Support development and articulation of key brand strategy content, including evolution of core positioning, brand experience and brand passion frameworks
• Lead analysis of industry forecasts, brand/travel futures reports, and digital trend data and bake key stats into core W messaging and comms
• Assist in development and/or customization of core brand presentations for brand strategies, program guides, key meetings/events, etc.
• Liaise with Consumer Insights team to research new projects and inform and/or support development of new initiatives
• Support conceptualization and differentiation of all W brand extensions, working across design, development and global operations teams
• Distill new brand strategies and direction into actionable, audience-focused messaging and content
Stoke The Cult in W Culture
• Support all projects and initiatives related to brand culture, trainings and guest experience
• Support new W openings and ensure openings team has most up-to-date tools, resources and training. Represent the brand and act as brand champion at property level, infusing W new brand positioning in all touchpoints of the hotel experience
• Recognize all-star W Talent who “Dare to be Different” and exemplify the W mindset in their approach to implementing new initiatives Hotel Experience Delivery
• Support brand marketing on key programs and portfolio to ensure brand marketing and guest experience are fully aligned and cohesive
• Help identify brand partners for collaborations, video/app technology activations/partnerships
• Support communications for each rollout to above property and property teams, such as written/email, decks/toolkits, conference calls, webinars and experimental/social channels
• Developing and driving brand initiatives, identifying partnerships in articulating and operationalizing our unique luxury brand offering for our properties
Additional Responsibilities & Opportunities
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm
• Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers
• Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner
• Presents ideas, expectations, and information in a concise, organized manner
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
• Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work related issues.
• Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
At Marriott, we are committed to putting our associates first and their health and safety are our highest priorities. This position requires associates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per current CDC standards or approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International, Inc.
Website : http://www.marriott.com