Lakeway Publishers of Middle Tennessee is seeking an ADVERTISING MANAGER with strong credentials in building revenue across digital and print platforms. Niche product experience is a must. We are not looking for a computer operator or desk jockey. We need an ACTIVE, SELLING ad manager who can get the most from his or her team.
We are a regional center with responsibilities for other properties including The Tullahoma News, a 3-times weekly product; The (Winchester) Herald Chronicle, a twice weekly; The Elk Valley Times and The Manchester Times, two mid-sized weeklies in county seat cities; and The Moore County News and the Grundy County Herald, two more county-seat weeklies that are smaller in size, but which are well read in the communities they serve.
- Maintain an active account list in the Tullahoma area. Key movers and shakers should be on the list, as should a list of targets for inactive accounts. Some cold calls will be expected.
- Manage the department toward deadlines and goals for the Tullahoma News including classified oversight (a class manager is on staff).
- Launch niche products in the market. We need someone who can bring about sales for niche/specialty magazines across ALL the markets we serve, with sales into five counties and distribution through all our publications. We want these projects to be collaborative/shared among the newspapers in the group.
- Manage the day-to-day flow and cross selling of advertising into all publications, assisting other newspapers in our group as needed.
- Lead by example, selling, making four-legged calls and leading our team to successful performance.
- Reliable transportation.
- Experience in advertising sales and in growing revenue with niche products.
- Strong work ethic.
- Be willing to assist others and work with those in your department and with publishers/ad managers/general managers at other properties in our group.
- Have a positive attitude. We want people looking for reasons to say yes, not reasons to tell us why we can't do certain things. A culture shift needs to happen!