Foot Levelers, Inc.
Roanoke, VA 24012
Responsible for w
riting publication articles and advertising/marketing copy to promote sale of healthcare products by presenting information in an appealing, informative, concise and easy to understand manner while working in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Write copy and develop concepts for articles, direct mail, brochures, emails, ads, and letters.
Create content to be used by medical/healthcare professionals as well as end-users.
Proofread and edit marketing projects.
Read and analyze technical information pertaining to products for a thorough understanding in order to write accurate copy.
Adjust copy to meet the needs of customers, marketing, and management.
Maintain a library of current reference materials on company products.
Organizational skills are critical to meet multiple scheduled deadlines on time.
Work closely with graphic designers on all marketing projects.
Work with speakers and doctors to create ghost writer articles.
Knowledge of laws governing copy such as registered and trademark symbols.
Develop new concepts for marketing projects.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Three years of previous experience in a similar position, preferred.
Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
Ability to conform writing to prescribed style format.
Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Proficiency with Macintosh and PC computer systems.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
The ability to multi-task.
Ability to work with limited direct supervision.
Knowledge of all marketing department Standard Operating Procedures.
Bachelors degree in Marketing Communication, Advertising, Journalism or English or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds while working in the office environment.
We know benefits are important to you. They are important to us too. That’s why we take care of our employees. From company-paid insurance to an on-site gym, our benefits are some of the best around.
The following list includes some of the many features of our total package – just a few of the great reasons to consider making Foot Levelers your next step.
• Healthcare plan: there’s no money out of your paychecks for your insurance, it’s 100 percent company paid! We also offer employee paid plans, including medical plans for family members, comprehensive dental, disability and life insurance coverage.
• 401(k) Savings Plan: helps you save money for your future.
• Profit Sharing: company helps you save money for your future based on the profit of
• Incentive Bonuses: from productivity or attendance bonuses to free lunches to celebrate a new record set, we reward the entire company for a job well done.
• On-Site Gym & FREE Personal Trainer: helps you feel great about yourself. Enjoy working with the trainer twice a week or use the gym any day!
• Flexible Schedules: allow you to work the hours that fit into your lifestyle.
• Employee Discounts: allow you and your family to experience any of our products.
• Holiday Gift: annual gift to help out during the holiday season.
• Fun: theme parties and company dress up days. In order to promote a healthy work environment and to reduce company and employee health care insurance costs for the benefit of all concerned, Foot Levelers will not hire anyone who is currently using nicotine products or who has done so in the 90 days prior to applying for employment.
In order to promote a safe and healthy work environment, Foot Levelers will not hire anyone who is currently using any form of illegal drug.
Pre-employment drug and nicotine screening is a condition of the offer of employment.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), the Company will not discriminate in hiring against an applicant with a disability if they are otherwise qualified to do the essential functions of the job applied for with or without accommodations, nor will we terminate any employee due to a disability as long as the individual can perform the essential functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodations.
See all jobs in Roanoke VA