Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Digital Media Sales Consultant','1720599','','Cox Communications','!*!In the complex world of digital advertising, YOU are the solution. Cox Media is searching for a creative, motivated and competitive Digital Media Sales Consultant.
As part of this market-leading advertising solutions team, you will be seeking, developing and growing digital revenue. This is not simply a sales position, you are the expert for your clients. You will uncover client needs, propose effective digital advertising solutions that include multi-screen display and video, content creation, advanced behavioral targeting even long-form video on demand.
You are not in this alone. By partnering with the Digital Media Sales Manager, Cox Media’s experienced Marketing & Research departments, market-leading local sales team, digital media sales specialists and award-winning production department, you will have all the support and tools you need to not only succeed, but thrive in this constantly evolving industry.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Sells local advertising and products on digital advertising platforms to new and existing clients from a range of industries and business sizes. Leverages the position of Cox to influence clients’ digital marketing strategies.
• Cultivates consulting relationships with clients and their ad agencies, forming customer relationships at multiple levels. Makes frequent contact; maintains in-depth knowledge of their business, industry and key competitors; regularly updates needs analysis; monitors ad campaign effectiveness and makes changes as required; and solves problems. May entertain clients.
• Identifies new prospective clients by observing other media, networking inside and outside of Cox, and looking for new businesses that might want to advertise in order to develop own client list. Prospecting may take up 80% of time for new AEs.
• Cold calls prospective clients and tries to interest them in online, mobile and long-form on demand advertising by explaining the process and benefits of advertising through Cox.
• Meets with prospective or existing clients in person to learn the client’s advertising needs.
• Prepares sales proposals and presentations designed to meet individual client needs by reviewing rating data and other research; and consulting with internal resources as needed, primarily Marketing, Research, and Sales Support. [Proposal development]
• Delivers sales presentations regarding proposed digital advertising campaigns to prospective and existing clients.
• Negotiates the terms, conditions, and pricing of advertising campaigns with the client.
• Manages and coordinates communication between the client and the production department during the creation of the client’s digital creative (e.g. solves problems, develops concepts, monitors quality, sometimes writes scripts, ensures that ad copy supports the client’s marketing plans, gathers information regarding what details are needed in the creative, facilitates contact
• Prepares weekly and monthly sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose (e.g., SalesMinder, AvailPro).
• Keeps client database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with clients.
• Creates opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain the presence of Cox in the community (e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils, becomes a member of the Ad Federation or American Marketing Association.
• Manages and coordinates fulfillment of client advertising orders (e.g., solves problems, develops concepts, monitors quality, ensures that ad copy supports the client’s marketing plans, facilitates communication between client and production). Attends job-related training as well as strategic and/or development meetings with their Local Sales Manager and Digital Media Sales
• Participates in many internal meetings to create product packages, communicates and coordinates sales, reports on sales activities and the implementation of new products, solves problems, and keeps up-to-date with information about Cox.
• Complies with all published rate, package and pricing guidelines.
• Maintains collections to keep bad debt to an absolute minimum.
• Participates in the creation of processes required to sell, implement, and bill for new products.
• Must be able to multitask and manage all phases of the business sales cycle. Long learning curve (3 - 6 months) due to large portfolio of complex products.
• Continuous learning is required due to regular introduction of new products.
• Lack of structure, ambiguity, products, processes, metrics, etc. are created and defined on the fly.
• Success is dependent on successful collaboration within Cox and development of internal relationships.
• Team selling is critical to ensure clients’ needs are met; often requires selling new and bundled products and services.','','','!*!MINIMUM
• 1 or more years of experience required in related field
• Sales, business development or sales consultation experience preferred within a sales environment
• Requires experience using Microsoft Office applications in a work or non-work setting
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (sales, advertising or marketing)
• 2 years’ leadership experience in Media Sales environment
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• Experience in digital media marketing (Including Display, video, Mobile, SEO / SEM & Social Media)
#ZR','!*!ABOUT COX COMMUNICATIONS
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.','Cox Communications, Inc.','US-VA-Chesapeake-1341 Crossways Blvd','','Regular','Individual Contributor','Day Job','','No','Full-time','Ongoing','Digital Media Sales Consultant
Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Website : http://www.coxenterprises.com
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $16 billion and approximately 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms); and Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions). The company's major national brands include AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.