Wheaton College Massachusetts
Wheaton is a private coeducational liberal arts college within easy commuting distance of Boston and Providence. We have nearly 1,700 undergraduates from 40 U.S. States and more than 70 countries. Nearly 23% of our undergraduates are U.S. students of color and 11% are international citizens. Wheaton College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability. In a continuing effort to maintain and enrich an intellectually diverse learning environment, the Department and the College actively encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented groups.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Advancement Communications Coordinator will be part of a dynamic two-person team tasked with helping the Advancement division achieve their business objectives through multi-channel communications strategies. In partnership with the Director of Advancement Communications and in-line with College brand and style guidelines, the Coordinator will be responsible for planning and executing content creation for the Advancement website and social media accounts, as well as email marketing and solicitation campaigns.
Responsibilities of the Advancement Communications Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage and coordinate content updates for all Advancement social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Instagram) with the goal of increasing usage, engagement, and interactivity.
• Maintain a calendar of social media posts to ensure all are consistent with Wheaton’s style and brand guidelines.
• Identify, create and curate content for the Advancement website and partner with individual offices on executing. Monitor and offer industry best practices for the Advancement website.
• Maintain a calendar of Advancement email marketing and fundraising campaigns to ensure timely sends and consistency with Wheaton’s style and brand guidelines.
• Proofread all emails to ensure they are grammatically correct, free of typos, and generally reflect excellence.
• Provide general customer support internally and externally, as well as offer ongoing training to internal users.
• Coordinate website upgrades for the Division with appropriate staff in Marketing & Communications and Information Technology.
• Train new staff in on communication software (i.e., Bronto, Word Press, etc.).
• Partner with Marketing & Communications staff to coordinate Advancement efforts with overall College strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related work experience in communications, online marketing, advertising, and/or public relations required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of online marketing or social media experience.
• Ability to bring creative ideas to our team while also being able to execute high-quality work on a daily basis.
• Demonstrated ability to create and update websites using a content management system.
• Experience analyzing metrics from website and social media platforms.
• Ability to edit photos and videos for use in multi-channel communications.
• Exceptional written communication skills. Please note that a writing sample is required as part of the application.
• Experience with institutions similar to Wheaton College.
• Experience with WordPress CMS and Bronto Email Client.
• Demonstrated ability to assess social media activities and performance, identify strategic opportunities and develop effective programs to advance departmental and institutional objectives.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with social media platforms and their respective participants such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and set priorities within a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity by consistently generating new ideas.
• Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of photography and use of images and video on social media platforms.
• Capable of creating and maintaining productive and collegial working relationships with a culturally diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Open Until Filled:
Office of Human Resources
Ideally located in Norton, Massachusetts, between Boston and Providence, R.I, our residential campus is one of the most beautiful in New England. Prospective students and visitors often say our campus has a very relaxed feel. It's no wonder—we're a friendly community. With a 11:1 student-faculty ratio, students know their professors as teachers, advisors and often as friends. The campus is always buzzing with energy. Throughout the year, fun activities, celebrations and academic events keep people busy and connected. Wheaton offers a personalized academic experience leading to a bachelor of arts degree, with 47 majors and 59 minors. All students take connected courses which encourage interdisciplinary work. Our students have a reputation for academic excellence. Since 2000, Wheaton students have won 201 prestigious scholarship awards, including 3 Rhodes Scholarships. Our approach to education is inclusive and diversified, emphasizing a truly multicultural community. Wheaton's reputation is directly connected to our pioneering history and dedicated leadership. The National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) ranks Wheaton's athletic program among the top 20 percent in the country. The NCAA Division III athletics, intramural and club sports, and recreation programs are a vital contributor to campus life and Wheaton's excellence. Over the past few years, Wheaton has made a commitment to focus on sustainability issues, on and off campus. A new apple orchard will leave a sustainable legacy for many years to come.