The Amazon Advertising Finance team seeks a curious, analytical and driven Financial Analyst to be a key financial partner for planning and reporting on headcount and operational expenses for this rapidly growing, worldwide business. This highly visible position will partner with senior leaders to ensure headcount is tracked and planned correctly on a weekly basis, work with teams across the organization to plan operational expenses for planning cycles, and deliver timely and accurate analyses of headcount and operational expenses. With a rapidly growing business like Advertising, this role is crucial to meeting goals across the business teams. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and be able to create and maintain efficient, automated processes for tracking and reporting metrics related to operational expenses.
Additional duties include:
• Weekly headcount reporting and tracking.
• Month end close duties for operational expenses including variance analysis.
• Planning for headcount and operational expenses for annual and quarterly planning cycles.
• Maintaining controllership over operational expenses ensuring that company policies are followed.
• Regularly meeting with senior leadership to provide updates to headcount plans.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
• 2 years' relevant experience in positions that require financial analysis including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
• 1 years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• Experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Experience building and managing Financial Models for business forecasting and variance analysis
• Experience establishing processes and coordinating multiple teams to facilitate timely and accurate deliverables
• Comfortable with analyzing large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior management
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle/Report Studio)
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Strong attention to detail
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation